The PD-28 Digital Professional radio is our best selling professional UHF radio and is a true game changer for the security industry!
It does the same job as major international brands, at half the purchase price!
These handhelds are perfectly suited for use in nightclubs and bars, warehouses, events, hotels and theme parks.
Through our finance partners, we can also help organise interest free finance (up to $7,500) or hire purchase from only $1.50 per radio per day.
Keep in mind the ATO's Small Business Instant Asset Write Off- up to $30,000. Click here for more info on the ATO website
We have event hire units and free demo radios available to view* and are happy to send out a free quote anytime. Call us on 1300 515 662.
These compact and lightweight radios are perfect for onsite use in clubs, warehouses (forklift ops and pickers), factories, airports, hotels (security, cleaning, porters, front desk), large parks, resorts etc. They are simple to use and powerful enough to give coverage throughout most facilities.
These radios are for use on your private channel, allocated by the Australian Government. We can help set this up for you (from $180 per year for a basic license plus a setup fee). These are also compatible with your existing Motorola ($960+) or Hytera ($900+) radios and are significantly cheaper for your CAPEX budget.
If you don't want a private channel, please see our CB radios or PD-39W (programmable to license-free Citizen Band channels for you).
The PD-28 can be ordered in VHF (for ports, forestry, farms, mines etc) or UHF (for urban operations).
- TDMA Digital Mobile Radio (same as Motorola, Hytera etc) allowing excellent range and communications security (messages cannot be picked up and understood by a cheap radio scanner). If you require additional electronic security encryption, please check out our submersible PD-35W radios, which offer this advanced feature.
- Selectable 1/ 5 watt high power for long range and coverage throughout most basements and back rooms
- Simple to use, no screen to smash or light up at night ruining your night vision. Takes most people 30 seconds to work out how to use it.
- Tough, splashproof design (IP54 rated)
- High capacity Li-ion battery for full shift operation (extra batteries are available to keep on charge and swap at shift handovers). Batteries have a 1 year manufacturers warranty.
- Only 258 grams and about the size of a smartphone (without the antenna)
- Choose between a stubby or normal longer range antenna (or both as an optional extra)
- Up to 32 channels can be programmed across 2 zones. The radio speaks to you and tells you the channel as you flick through.
- Lone worker can be set up, requiring solo workers to push the button after a fixed time (30 mins, 1 hr) after the radio beeps or it activates a back-to-control alarm (increases worker safety and stops sleeping on the job)
-Radio ID can be programmed in- so you know who is calling on the base station, PD-39W and PD-46 keypad radio (ideal for managers/ supervisors). It can display on their screen "Workshop" or "Load Dock" or "Patrol 1" etc. The keypad radios can also private call these PD-28 radios directly for one-to-one comms- keep your mobile phone in your pocket!
- Unmatched 12 month Mission Critical rapid REPLACEMENT warranty (no waiting for repairs- just get a brand new unit)
All Qcom radios are Australian type approved by ACMA and Radio Spectrum NZ. Baofeng radios and some others are not, and can leave your company open to heavy fines and prosecution by the Australian Government (ACMA Radio Inspectors).
A host of dealer options are available to suit your requirements including repeaters for campus or city wide communications, wireless call boxes and even radio over IP (ROIP) integration allowing multi-site use across sites or cities. Call us and tell us what you need and we will be happy to put together a creative, low cost solution for you, including frequency assignment.
*Free trial- credit card security deposit required. Client to pay return shipping costs (or we will collect F.O.C. Brisbane/Gold Coast). Security deposit refunded at conclusion of trial (less shipping and credit card fees) or credited to a purchase.